"40"

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lee Jarosek

Lee Jarosek
Lee was a unique guy. He literally 'grabbed life by the horns'


If there was a task in front of him to do, he'd jump off in it

with his boots on, right or wrong. There is something to

be said for that. He was as loud as I am quiet. We just had

different styles. I like to consider things a little bit before

taking the leap, but Lee didn't care who said what when he

was ready to roll.

I wasn't in Lee's inner circle, but he did invite me to go

deep sea fishing with him several years back. That was

something certainly out of my comfort zone, but I went

and ended up with the biggest Kingfish on the trip. Lee

always made an effort to include you. He always called me

'big boy,' but that was just his way of calling it like he saw

it.

There was only one Lee. He was one of a kind. He loved

the cattle business, he loved Gracie and he loved Thres.

One time we were at Lee's and he had to call the customer

service to order a pay per view movie. That operator didn't

know what hit her, because Lee asked her if she could use

a few 'bebecaves.' I don't think he made that sale, but its a

call that operator wouldn't soon forget.

Lee Jarosek was the eternal optimist. That next big deal

was just over the horizon. He was constantly struggling to

reach that end. Well my friend, now you can rest. You

have reached the Big Deal.

I heard a preacher tell Thres that his daddy couldn't come

see him now, but that Thres could someday go to see his

Daddy in heaven.
I hope there is some comfort in that.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 says

Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those

who have fallen asleep, or grieve like the rest of men, who

have no hope.

We can cry and grieve. But those of us who believe have

hope and faith that we will see Lee again one day.

This is a song that Stevie Ray did that says it all. Listen

what he says before the song.


2 comments:

charlie said...

Scott I remember the fishing trip like it was yesterday. I remember lots of things like it was yesterday. Lee was glad that he asked you to go on that trip with us and happy that you went. When we help LA work cattle one of us will always stop and break down with a big smile and laughter. remembering the crazy off the wall ideas that Lee would come up with. I would always "say that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard". He would step back look at me with that shit eatin grin and say "WHAT"? He loved life, friends, and his family. He would always tell me " Big Boy, when im gone I want you to look out for Gracie and Thres. I love you like a brother and you're the one I want to help Thres with life. Just like we helped each other growing up". I never took it to hear, but I knew he ment it. Growing up we used to give LA hell.He called us Poncho and Lefty and sometimes worse. We'd camp out at watterson, sit by the fire , drink beer and talk about what we were gonna do and where we were gonna go when we grew up. In the ropin pen we would prettend that he was Jake Barnes and I was Leo Camarillo in the 10th round at the NFR for all the $$$$. People that didnt know Lee or didnt want to know him missed out on a wonderful person. Im glad I got a chance to make that ride threw life with him and now I have the honor of doing it with his son (God help us). I dont now what made me google his name today,I miss him I guess, but I'm glad that I did. For all his friends always remember "BIG BOY! I aint no chicken, I'm a chicken hawk". "44 COME ON"

Anonymous said...

Charlie, glad to hear from you. Thanks for the memories!