"40"

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

hay


We kind of backed into the hay business this year. I just wanted to avoid the $8 dollar hay from last year, so we got one of our neighbors to bale some square bales for us, maybe 400 or so.
Well, 1350+ bales later, I was faced with WHAT TO DO with a endless line of hay bales strethching over the horizon. Thanks, Craigslist! After all our nearby neighbors got their hay, then the Others came, wanting 10, 15, 25, and occasionally the 100 bales. It's been interesting to meet all the customers who want our commodity for anything from horses, cattle, goats, and mulch. I feel like a salesman as I go through the spiel of when it was baled, how much does a bale weigh, and was it weed sprayed, and how much fertilizer. All I need is the checkered jacket. And, when are you getting the next cutting. Watterson Ranch Forage Division........open for business. Thank you to all of our friends, neighbors and customers. Someone said you will be ahead of 90% of your competition if you show up on time, charge a fair price and do a good job. We try to do that every day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good hay. Your wife helped load me out. Those bales weren't light.