"40"

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

dad


Last week my dad, David had heart surgery.
I've been through illness with my grandparents before, but when it's your immediate family, well, that hits close to home.
Trina's stay in the hospital earlier this year and now this are two times I'm glad to see in the rearview mirror. It takes these moments for us to realize how weak and fragile and temporary life is. And how precious (if I can borrow Linda's word) it truly is.
You never know when your time is coming, so it's important to tell your wife "I love you." Or your grandpa or daughter or dad.
Trina, if you're reading this, I love you!
Dad, I love you!
Give your mom a hug.

2 comments:

Ross said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better. I guess there is something to say about the power of prayer. We never know what life will bring us, so we should never hold anything back.

Anonymous said...

thanks, coach.